Address: 187010, Leningrad Region, Tosnensky District, Sablino Village, Railway Station Square.
Church in the name of the holy martyr Tsarevich Alexei in the village of Sablino, Leningrad Region
A strange picture opens up for everyone who arrives in Sablino - on the north side of the station square there is a stone foundation of a large building in fairly good condition. On the part of this foundation was built a small chapel church, lit in the name of the royal martyr Tsarevich Aleksiya. The rest of the foundation remains open.
The history of this temple is as follows. In the 1890s, a holiday village was formed near the station of the Nikolaevskaya railroad, in which the capital residents rested from the bustle of the city. The railway station, like the village, was called Sablino, after the meandering Sablinka river flowing through the territory of the village. In the village in 1897, a chapel was built, but it was small and could not accommodate everyone, so it was decided to build a new large temple. On December 12, 1904, a construction committee was elected, chaired by Professor N.N. Mitinsky.
On May 13, 1905, a blessing was received for the construction of the temple from the Metropolitan of St. Petersburg and Ladozhskogo Antoniya. May 14, 1906 at the station square was consecrated a place for the construction of the church. This site belonged to the Nikolaevskaya railroad, but the administration ceded this land for the construction of the temple. On June 25, 1906, a temple was laid in the name of Svyatitelya Nikolaya Chudotvortsa.
The Church was built on donations. In addition to the sums of money for the construction, the merchant G. A. Tuchin donated about 300 pounds of roofing iron, Frank - glass for the whole Church, the Peshkov brothers - 300 cubes of rubble slab, Richter and kº - six bells, Andrei Alexandrovich Balasov-8 crosses. The forest for construction was released from The main Department of the Ministry of the Imperial Court With a 50% discount. Princess Zinaida Nikolaevna Yusupova, in the Princess-Lisinsky estate was allocated free of charge plot of the forest.
Construction lasted two years. The temple was built of wood, in the style of wooden northern architecture, five-domed, with a tent bell tower. Built according to the plan of Professor Vasily Antonovich Kosyakov. On September 14, 1907, the erection of crosses took place, on April 6, 1908 (in the week of Vai) bells were raised. A two-tier carved oak iconostasis was made by master I.A. Koznov. He also wrote icons for the iconostasis on zinc, as well as the image of the Kazanskoy Bozhiyey Materi, Svyatitelya Nikolaya and Svyatitelya Aleksiya, Mitropolita Moskovskogo. Four icons of the Evangelists for the Tsarskih vrat were written by I.A. Koznov free.
On the feast of Holy Pascha, with the blessing of Vladyka Antony, a matins and Divine Liturgy was served as a priest, Pavel Znamensky, as a student of the St. Petersburg Theological Academy. O. Paul Znamensky was subsequently appointed the first abbot of the temple.
The consecration of the temple took place on July 30, 1908, it was performed by Bishop Cyril, Bishop of Gdovskiy, the future new martyr.
The old chapel was moved to the territory of the Sablinsky cemetery. Upon completion of construction, the Committee for the construction of the temple was transformed into the Brotherhood at the Church, which was engaged in the improvement of the temple, the teaching device for children, and charitable activities.
After the revolution, in 1930, the temple at the station Sablino was closed. Abbot of Feodor (last name unknown) managed to move the icons and utensils from the temple to the cemetery chapel.It was in the cemetery Church, in the here, former chapel, FR. Feoder began to perform services.
In 1933 a club was set up in the building of the temple at the station square. In this state, the building existed for almost 10 years. During the Great Patriotic War, at the end of August 1943, as a result of a raid by Soviet aviation on the Sablino station, the temple building burned down.
The rebuilt cemetery chapel functioned as a church until 1943 (in 1941 the service was not performed for 9 months due to the absence of a priest). From 1947 to the present Sablinsky cemetery church is active.
From the church at the station square, only the foundation, made of rubble stone, was preserved. This foundation was not on the balance sheet of either the village administration or the railway. It was surprising that no one tried to build anything on this fairly strong and good foundation during the Soviet era, or at a later one, although the place was very advantageous and new buildings were regularly produced in the village of Sablino.
The connection of the temple with the name of the royal person is traced from a long time. As can be seen from the inscription on the memorial plaque, the church was built in memory of the birth of His Imperial Highness, Heir, Tsarevich Velikago Prince Alexey Nikolayevich, and was consecrated on the day when Heir, Tsarevich Alexey Nikolayevich was 4 years old.Now he bears the name of the Holy new Martyr and Royal lad.
Holy martyr's Tsarevich Alexei church in Sablino can be visited as a part of a package tours.
- How to travel in Saint Petersburg without living your home
- Four of the ten best restaurants in the country are in St. Petersburg
- The first Holocaust museum in St. Petersburg
- A scientist from St. Petersburg created the biochronicle of Peter the Great.
- 10 interesting facts about Saint-Petersburg streets