Fountain "Pyramida" in Summer garden, St Petersburg
The fountain "Pyramida" is located in the famous Summer garden on its main Avenue of the fourth site. Once there was a square fountain on this place, but Catherine I wanted to see a pyramid instead of it. It is believed that the project of this source was an exact copy of the Peterhof fountain of the same name.
"Pyramida" is one of the eight sources of the Summer garden renovated during the restoration works of 2009-2012. Its name he received thanks to unusual form, virtually fully povtorivshey Versailles "obelisk."
Despite its small size, the fountain looks very impressive. It attracts the original form of the pool, made in the form of a pyramid-maze of white marble, and flowing tiers of thin streams of water.
- Four of the ten best restaurants in the country are in St. Petersburg
- The first Holocaust museum in St. Petersburg
- A scientist from St. Petersburg created the biochronicle of Peter the Great.
- 10 interesting facts about Saint-Petersburg streets
- 10 places in St. Petersburg that you need to visit at least once in your life