Stroganov Palace in St. Petersburg
The Palace of the Counts of the Stroganovs, or, in everyday life, the Stroganov Palace, is a department of the Russian Museum. One of the best examples of Russian baroque style, it was built in 1753–1756 by architect F. B. Rastrelli, later completed by A. Voronikhin, K. Rossi and other famous architects.
The most beautiful room of the palace is the Great Dance Hall: it is the only one that has preserved the original decor of Rastrelli himself. The ceiling of the vault hall is painted by J. Valeriani and is a magnificent scene of “The Hero's Triumph”. The remaining rooms of the second floor are in the process of restoration, and on the first floor there is a permanent exposition “Family Relics and Deposits of the Stroganovs Family” and an exhibition-collection of rare Stroganov minerals. In addition, temporary exhibitions from the collection of the Russian Museum are held periodically in the free halls of the Main Floor.
How to get to the Stroganov Palace
Metro to the station "Nevsky Prospect" or "Gostiny Dvor"
Bus - 7,10,24
Trolleybus 1, 7,10 and 11