The Koronnyy fountain in Summer Garden, St. Petersburg
The Koronnyy fountain was designed by architect Mikhail Zemtsov in 1725 and was located in front of the old main entrance to the Summer garden - from the Poteshnyy meadow (now - Mars field). The name of the fountain was in the form of water jets, forming a composition similar to the crown. The fountain was damaged during a flood in 1777 and in 1786 was filled up.
In 2010-2011, on the basis of iconographic materials and archaeological research, the fountain was recreated. Archaeological research made it possible to clarify its size - the size of the bowl was 12,5x10 m, the location of water pipes and decorative decoration. The fountain is decorated with gilded mascarons, modeled after the mascarons found in the Letniy Garden in the 1960s. Currently, the items are transferred for storage to the state Museum-reserve "Peterhof".