This type of visa is usually given for a maximum period of 72 hours, and only if you are passing through the country or need to change between Russian airports. The most common requirements are:
- A valid travel document (your passport);
- An onward airline or train ticket (proving you are passing through Russia and will not stay for longer than 72 hours);
- A visa to the country you are traveling to from Russia (if needed);
- A completed visa application form;
- One passport-size photograph
Note: You don't need to obtain an invitation or visa support to get transit visa to Russia.