In the Hermitage will show one of the earliest works of Sandro Botticelli.
The painting “Madonna della Loggia” is painted in oil on wood at a time when the future great artist was a student of another master, Fra Filippo Lippi. The canvas is remarkable in that the Madonna and Child on it is depicted against the background of the loggia.
At the moment, the picture is an exhibit of the Uffizi Gallery - one of the oldest museums in Europe. Botticelli's work will be brought to St. Petersburg on the days of the VIII St. Petersburg International Cultural Forum. This year the event will be held from 14 to 16 November.
The Hermitage has not yet named the format of the exposition and its exact dates - they promise to publish the information in the near future.
- How to travel in Saint Petersburg without living your home
- Four of the ten best restaurants in the country are in St. Petersburg
- The first Holocaust museum in St. Petersburg
- A scientist from St. Petersburg created the biochronicle of Peter the Great.
- 10 interesting facts about Saint-Petersburg streets