At the turn of the XIX–XX centuries, the fashion for historicism — Russian style, sometimes flavored as an acute seasoning, even more relevant art Nouveau style, gave the national architecture a number of amazing mansions in a fairy-tale style.
Abramtsevo estate, owned by patrons Mamontov (today there is a Museum), in this period was a real boiler, which was full of artistic life. Abramtsevo circle (Polenov, Serov, Vasnetsov, Vrubel, Nesterov and many others) came up with the Russian style and embodied it in local workshops. There are many stylized buildings in the estate- "hut on chicken legs", workshop (with wooden carvings), Church of the Savior (in the style of Pskov churches), but we are interested in" bath-towers" ( banya-teremok), built in 1877-1878 by Ivan Ropet. Under the roof, painted "v shashechku" , lurk blind Windows, cornices and skates, decorated with wooden carvings... Subsequently, the architect has created a lot of projects of wooden summer houses-towers (dacha teremok) , and the style of this even earned the nickname "ropetovshchina".
The estate of Talashkino Princess Maria Tenisheva, one of the most amazing women of this era, all arranged in the Russian style. No wonder here in the workshops, founded by the Princess, engaged in the revival of crafts. Today the complex "Teremok" in Flenovo is a Museum, and originally it housed an agricultural school, founded by a generous hostess for peasant children. The log building on the brick basis was built by the project of the artist Sergey Malyutin in 1901-1902. On the main façade is a rich thread in the center — the Firebird over her — the sun, surrounded by the skate, flowers, leaves. The frame on the base supports a scaly Dragon Snakes.
Teremok with a Bat (Teremok s letuchey myshyu)
Sergey Malyutin also became the author of the apartment house of Peter Nikolaevich Pertsov on the Prechistenskaya embankment, next to the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow. The building was built in 1905-1907. It was already a city house, moreover designed for renting, so the logs here were not good — in the course went brick and patterned majolica with pagan Slavic symbols and fairy-tale characters. The walls housed a private dwelling owners, spouses Percovich, apartments for rent and artists ' studios, and in the years 1908-1910 in the basement housed the art theatre's cabaret "the Bat". Today the house belongs to the Russian foreign Ministry.
Teremok with easel
The Moscow house of artists Viktor Vasnetsov is an example of what happens when a person of art invents his own home.
The building for his family with an extensive and bright workshop Vasnetsov began to build in 1894 with the help of a professional architect Vasily Bashkirov. To the basic, quite ordinary whitewashed brick enclosure attached to the tower with the roof-a barrel. It has patterned Windows with moulded platbands and columns-melons, and along the facade — glazed tiles with floral ornaments. The interiors of the house are preserved from the time of the artist's life, in the Studio are his paintings — "Sleeping Princess", "Carpet-plane" and others. Today this building Is the house-Museum of Victor Vasnetsov, a branch of the Tretyakov gallery.
Teremok with stuffed (Teremok s chuchelami)
The former mansion of Pyotr Ivanovich Shchukin in Moscow is now the Timiryazev Biological Museum. This house was built in 1893-1898 by architects Boris Freudenberg, Adolf Erichson and Vasily Bashkirov, and in 1905 Fyodor Kolbe built a one-storey building for the Museum warehouse. The fact that the building was also a Museum, but not biological, and historical — "Russian antiquities". In 1905, Shchukin presented the historical Museum with a collection of more than 300 thousand items, and until his death in 1912 remained its guardian. After his death, the exhibits were moved to the main building of the GIMA — mansion for some time empty.
The modern Theatre of Nations is located in the building of the famous theatre of the XIX century — private theatre Korsha. It was built in 1885 by Mikhail Chichagov for private donations (including from Alexander Bakhrushin). The facade is, as expected in the framework of the style, adorned with all sorts of trims, corbels, niches-niches, tiles. Chichagov generally began to specialize in theater buildings: so, in 1888 in Samara, he built another Teremok , which, incidentally, was also called "gingerbread house" (now Gorky Theater).
Teremok with diploma
One of the first houses in the Russian style was the house of the entrepreneur and philanthropist Alexander Porokhovschikov, built by him in one of the Arbat lanes. This wooden one-storey mansion was built in 1871-1872 by the architect Andrei gun. Preserved and the name of the Woodcarver-ia Kolpakov. The house came out so successful that in 1873 for it in Vienna at the world exhibition gave the prize. In Soviet times, various organizations were located within its walls, and in 1995 it was transferred to a long — term lease to the descendant of the first owner-actor Alexander Porokhovschikov. To find funds for restoration, he allowed to build an elite "club house" for six apartments on half of the plot. After the death of the actor heirs who could claim the building, there is no. And at the end of 2015, the city hall filed a lawsuit demanding to demolish the elite building — perhaps some plans for the mansion appeared.