The museum-monument again appeared before us in all its glory. Experts have removed the forests, as promised, for the season of white nights. This was the first restoration of a torch in 160 years.
The top of the St. Isaac's Cathedral was hidden in the forests in 2017. Comprehensive restoration of the flashlight was not carried out almost 160 years, since the opening of the cathedral, that is, the flashlight has not been repaired since the time of Montferrand.
St. Isaac's Cathedral was built in 1819-1858 by the project of Auguste Montferrand. The height of the structure along with the cross is almost 102 meters.