In the late XIX — early XX century in St. Petersburg there are many new Bank branches. The October revolution put an end to the work of many Russian banks, but their art Nouveau buildings became architectural monuments. The most interesting buildings of this kind — in the collection of the portal "Guide for you".
Azov-don commercial Bank
The building of the Azov-don commercial Bank on Bolshaya Morskaya street was built almost seven years, from 1907 to 1913. The Bank was designed by architect Fedor Lidval. The asymmetrical granite facade, richly decorated with sculptural decoration, was framed by ionic columns and pilasters. Inside the building, on the three upper floors there were offices, and below-a large operating room. Several different types of marble were used for interior decoration. When the Bank closed in 1917, it housed various industrial and commercial institutions. For several decades it was the City long-distance telephone station.
Russian commercial and industrial Bank
The building of the Russian commercial and industrial Bank in the neo-Renaissance style was built in 1914 by the project of Marian Peretyatkovich. Gray granite facades were decorated with columns, balustrades and sculptures in the form of male profiles and sheep heads. The authors of the sculptures were Leopold Dietrich and Vasily Kozlov. Marble and granite were used to decorate the interior of the Bank. Artists Mikhail Adamovich and Usein Bodaninsky worked on the wall paintings. After the revolution, the building housed The political Department of the Petrograd military district, the Museum of the red army, as well as numerous offices.
Commercial Bank "I. V. Yunker and Co»
This Bank building on Nevsky prospect was originally an office of the company "singer". In 1911 it was bought by the company " I. V. Juncker and Co.". The building was rebuilt by architect Wilhelm van der Gucht with the participation of Adolf Erichson. The facade with large Windows-showcases was lined with red granite, it was decorated with crowned with statues of the column. After the revolution, there was a book warehouse, a Department store, a Studio. Today, this building houses the Consulate General of France in St. Petersburg.
Azov commercial Bank-Russian-Asian Bank
In 1896-1898 on Nevsky prospect the Bank was built according to the project of architect Boris Girshovich. The facade of the three-storey house was lined with Sandstone, decorated with pilasters and a few sculptural elements. First, the building housed the Azov commercial Bank, then — the Russian-Asian. In the 1910s, the interiors of the building were reconstructed by architect Alfred Spiegel: he designed a new operating room and expanded the main staircase.
Siberian trade Bank
Boris Girshovich together with the architect Marian Lyalevich built the neoclassical building of the Siberian trade Bank on Nevsky prospect. Construction of the Bank was completed in 1910. It was a five-storey building, crowned with a wide pediment. The facade, lined with gray granite, was decorated with male figures by sculptor Vasily Kuznetsov. After the revolution and the liquidation of the Bank, the building housed a confectionery and a cafe.
Russian for foreign trade Bank
In 1915 the architects Leonty Benois and Lidval, Fedor started to rebuild the five-story building on the rive Moika embankment. So there was a Russian building for foreign trade Bank-a monumental building in the art Nouveau style, whose facades were lined with marble and granite. However, before the revolution to finish the building and did not have time — in the 1920s, the building had no roof and served as a haven for street children and cats, for which he received the popular name "cat house" (Koshkin dom) . Only in 1931, the architect Lev Rudnev completed the construction of the building-it housed the Textile Institute (modern State University of technology and design).
The building of the Moscow Merchant Bank
In 1901-1902, a branch of the Moscow Merchant Bank was built on Nevsky prospect. The author of the project was the architect Leontius Benois. The art Nouveau house had large Windows on the ground floor, its facades were faced with granite and decorated with sculptural cornices. In addition to the Bank, the building housed a rented apartment, dental school and legendary in the early twentieth century, the restaurant "Quisisana" which appeared in the works of Alexander Blok and Boris Pasternak.